Thursday 21 January 2010

Hola!!!!

Hi cyber buddies or should I say Hola! I’m still alive and finally made it to our beautiful Mexico Phew!!!

Before I go on welcome to my new cyber home! The mjm blog will reside here now, I know I promised it would be decorated and pretty but hey what ya gonna do? Christmas holidays, snow and deadlines has kept the decorators away ... but soon! I’m in the picking pattern stage LOL

It felt like it was getting a bit touch and go last week as to whether we would make it here to Mexico or even out of the village ever again!... the normal chaos of my life seemed to treble suddenly and thoughts of snowbound us, cancelled holidays, hospitals and heads exploding became a distinct possibility!

I have a load of pretty snow pics but at the moment can’t really bare to look at them, being trapped in the village as I was had me developing a distinct disliking for snow, this is a gratuitous photo of the snow bound lane.



It’s the same shot of the lane as in my Purple Cows Autumn layout if you want to see it not white!



This is the same shot again a few days later but including hubby on his return from his panto run .... Oh! the glitz and the glamour of show biz heh! He managed to get a taxi to the end of the lane and me and Stan walked the mile and a half to meet him to help carry the essential supplies of ham for Stan and wine for me home! You may notice a slight clearing of the lane, well a miracle did happen that day. After a week of snow a man turns up in a tractor type vehicle with a bucket thing on the front and started to clear some white stuff. He didn’t however go as far as our end of the village and then suddenly disappeared job half done. We found out the next day he had driven too close to the edge of the road and ended up in the ditch ... that’s councils for you! With the clearing of the lane we could see an escape plan forming so I continued with some deadlines to clear the decks....



This is a Purple cows project I made for their spot on HSN (Home shopping network USA) It is one of my wishing houses (DIY project available on my website) with a polymer clay roof that is cut and textured with the ever so fabulous Purple Cows freestyle mouse and decorative click blades!



This was my Banana Frog stamp school on the 11th. A nod to the snow but with colour!!! The step by step instructions can be found over at the lilly pad.

And if you go and check out the It’s a creative world blog you will see the start of the 2010 project that I am proud to be guesting for and the hope chest I made for the project! The post was on the 16th of January. I don’t have pictures with me I’m on Hubby’s laptop and didn’t copy all my files to the hard drive DOH!

......Happy I was until the snow came again ..... and didn’t stop, our hearts were sinking! PMA was put into action (positive mental attitude) and we silently preyed! A thaw did start and hubby went to clear the drive in anticipation of an escape, more disaster, he twisted his back! After hours of screaming and not being able to move I left him in bed to get some shut eye myself on the settee and laid there wondering how you cancel a holiday! BUT me being me and bloody minded, Friday I bundled him in the car and we went to the docs. I was TERRIFIED driving on the now slightly melting compacted 6’’ of ice outside our house but we made it, he got knock out drops and we went home to load up, having to rely on a neighbour to get the car back to the house for me than having to do the terrifying drive out of the village all over again BUT we were FREE!!!

We took our Stanley Dervish up to Mum and Dads in Yorkshire for a holiday with his sister Ruby then we drove down to a friend in Croydon to leave the car and toddled off to Gatwick, Mexico was finally in sight! And here we are





Views from the balcony
We are alongside the Nichupte lagoon in Cancun, we normally stay down town but our lovely Mexican friend has rented her apartment long term now so we found an alternative. A very quiet hotel that is self catering, a little rough round the decor edges but oh so Mexican and we LOVE it! And the restaurant on site is to die for, yay us!



This was the first night, a bucket of cocktails each LOL



And this was yesterday on Isla Mujeres. The sea is so blue and clear and you can walk out for miles without it getting deep.



And this is cocktails (yes again!) at the sunset grill before we got the ferry back to the mainland.

Today is a trip downtown and fajitas tonight at el Crucero. A real Locals bar where they find it hysterically funny that we would want to go as tourists. But the food is so good and cheap and the Mexicans are so friendly why would we want to be anywhere else?
I’m starting to gear up for our trip to the CHA on Sunday, very excited and a bit nervous to be demonstrating there .... I’ll keep you posted!

And finally .....



Our Stanley LOVED the snow and disappeared regularly in the garden!



Our little snow ball!

We miss our boy but know he’s being well looked after and having a ball with Ruby!
Ok cyber buddies, I’ve sat in this internet cafe long enough, off to catch some sunshine and maybe a cocktail!! And I’ll report in soon. Thanks for stopping by and moving to the new blog home with me remember my website is still going and I have just updated the galleries so don’t forget to check it out!

I hope you are all well and happy! See you soon and until then, happy crafting!
Love
M x

PS sorry there are no hyper links at the moment, I'm trying to beat the battery running out on the lappy and fighting against some very annoying jazz music in this cafe ... I'll update post next time
M x

3 comments:

  1. I am soooo jealous!! Those margies look fab. Glad you got away and had a giggle at your snowball. Remember CHA gossip please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh M, what a game youve had, glad to hear you got away finally, Mexico is probably just what you need to re-charge. Have a fab time there and at CHA. Look forward to seeing you soon and catching up, lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab new blog Michelle..it'll be easier to keep track of you now! Have a great time at CHA

    ReplyDelete