Friday 6 August 2010

Designer Friday at the Ranch!

Hi all! I'm here to share some purple goodness with you on this lovely day as it's my turn on Designer Friday over at Purple Cows

As some of you may know I've recently been proud and honoured to have been presenting Purple Cows tools on create and craft TV. I've been busy beavering away making samples for these shows and one of my fave raves at the moment are these..



Laminated bags! Oh they are so super easy with the Purple Cows Hot/Cold laminator and my trusty Purple Cows 2 in 1 trimmer!



Of course the beauty of the Purple Cows Hot pockets that go alongside the laminator is that they come in all the crafting sizes and the 12 x 12 Hot pockets are perfect for using your scrapbook papers in a different way! These DeLovely Cosmo Cricket papers are just that and I think they deserve to be shown off, what better way than as a bag! The pockets on the front are made from the 6'' x 4'' Kool pockets, super strong (held on there with Helmars glue!) and the perfect size for my bag (they also enabled me to get more of that paper on display :))

The front and back are 12 x 12 hot pockets, filled with the paper and the side and base are 3 3''x 12'' strips of paper put into 2 12 x 12 hot pockets and then trimmed into strips with the fabulous Purple cows guillotine. The whole thing is then put together with eyelets (I used a crop-a-dile), a bit of ribbon attached for the handles and then you're good to go! The lamination with the Purple Cows laminator and Hot pockets is super strong and believe me these bags are sturdy!

So then I was playing with some digi scrapping ....



How cool! a completely unique beach bag with my own photo on it!!



and then go small with the 8 x 8 Hot pockets and an 8'' x 8'' digi scrap page. Don't you think these would make great gift bags??

So why not see what you can create with your Purple Cows laminator and Hot pockets, think outside the box, get those papers out of the album and create some purple gorgeousness of your very own :)

Thanks for stopping by , pop back often to the pasture to be inspired by the oh so talented cow girls and don't forget that all the projects generated by the girls are available as FREE PDF downloads, just follow the links to scribd. If you're stuck for inspiration let us help you out!!

I'll see you soon, until then Happy Crafting!
Love
M x

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love them. What a fantastic idea. You're right they would make great personalised gift bags.

    ReplyDelete