Wednesday 4 August 2010

A froggy sketch

Hi all
It's sketch day, part one, over at the lilly pad. Every month the froglets either have a sketch to work with or a colour inspiration, this month is a sketch and this is my offering


Pop on over to the lilly pad to see how the other froglets have interpreted it, that's the great thing with sketches everyone works with them differently!

My layout is a photo of hubby in Xcaret ecological park in our beloved Mexico and quite aptly I have used The totally tropical stamp set and the tropical taste tadpole set alongside the oh so cute DeLouisville tadpole set.


I created my own paper with a piece of 12 x 12 and a big and juicy stamp pad in vibrant primaries.


I then stamped a thin strip of this with flowers from the tropical taste tadpole set and the top of a big strip with flowers from the totally tropical set.


I then layered up contarsting Rose Moka papers and positioned some of the stamps to work out their positions. This is a great trick with acrylic stamps so you can get an idea of how things are going to look.


I then stamped an embellishment of the large flower corner in totally tropical on to some white card using the big and juicy vibrant primary ink pad to tie the layout together, cut it outand added it on foam pads for dimension as well as stamping out the title block with the same ink pad and using the DeLouisville alphas for the title, don't they fit perfectly?!


and lastly I stamped a journalling block from the tropical stamp sets to record my memory of the day.

And that's it my version of this months sketch over at Banana Frog, I love making my own papers with my ink pads, why don't you have a play too?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon (at the moment I am somewhere up the Baltics having a fabulous time, I hope, bobbing about on a cruise ship) Until then Happy Crafting!
Love M x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, ooh I love your handmade paper and then you go and hide most of it with your layering, ah well I understand why:) The whole page is gorgeous. Hot hot vibrant colours just like Mexico.
    Hope your holiday is fantastic :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and how you make handmade paper look so easy and professional. Enjoy the bob bob bobbing along lol.

    ReplyDelete