Monday 4 October 2010

Froggy colour focus

Hi all

It's part one of the October colour focus over on the Lilly pad today and here's my offering


Lillian Kathleen

I got so carried away in the moment of creating this layout that this month I don't have step by steps for you but I'll try and break it down so you can see what I did!

The layout is of my nanny as a little girl, her name was Lillian Kathleen and my niece was named after her Lilly Kirsty. I have used the Mastryoshka dolls stamp set, the rosecube alphas stamp set and the it's all about elegance stamp set. The papers are 7 gypsies and I've used distress inks in old paper, antique lace, tea dye and walnut stain.


I cut the swirl from some 7 gypsies paper and then stamped the Mastryoshka dolls onto some of the remaining patterned paper. It gives them an interesting look and adds a bit more interest than stamping onto plain paper.


Once I had all my main elements ready I worked out an area on the background to stamp a random pattern, using different colour inks, using the medallion stamp from the mastryoshka set to add some more interest to the background of the layout. Before adding the photo I used the border stamp from the same set to stamp onto the photo to tie everything together. Once all the main elements were in place I added my journalling which was a mix of making memories tiny alphas, Rose moka tiny alphas and handwriting. The number is stamped from the rosecube stamp set and then I stamped the frame from It's all about elegance for my title block.


I, of course, distressed edges as I went and inked things generously :) The last addition was some prima flowers in the colour pallette I've used for the rest of the layout.

Maybe you'll be inspired to tell a story today using your Banana Frog stamps. whatever you do, thanks for stopping by, enjoy the inspiration from the rest of the froglets in the colour focus post and as ever until soon Happy Crafting!

Love
M x

2 comments:

  1. WOW what a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and the handcutting is great. I would have lopped that swirl apart by accident.
    Fab LO.

    ReplyDelete