Friday 10 December 2010

A Glitzy Hoopla winter

Hi all, I am so enjoying playing with all the new Glitz lines and fun products that they have brought to us. Hoopla is a really fresh and funky collection that is perfect for recording birthday and celebration memories, but also perfect for lots of other projects like this wintery offering I have for you today.


My beautiful captor

This page is a record of the 10 days I was trapped in our village in January this year due to a sudden heavy snow fall, it was very beautiful looking at the snow laden trees on the lane and Stanley my dog loved playing in the fields but it was very isolating and oh so cold! I think the colours of the hoopla collection lend themselves very well to the wintery subject and here is my Glitzy shopping list:

Glitz Designs Hoopla papers; Polka, pipework and frames
Glitz Designs Hoopla cardstock stickers; journaling
Glitz Designs Fancy frames rub ons
Glitz Designs Pom Poms; white/red/pink
Glitz Designs Tulle; Aqua
Glitz Designs giant rhinestones; green


I love the pattern of the pipework paper that I used as my base, there’s so much to look at in one piece of paper! I used a strip of the polka paper to give my photo grounding on the page and added a fancy frame rub on to further create a focal point to be built on, while also tying in the black around the edges of the patterned paper.


Next I cut off a length of the aqua tulle from the 12’’ long strip. I think this card of lovely coloured tulle is so much fun to play with and has so much potential to be used in different ways. I used some white acrylic paint to adhere my tulle to the page while also creating a snowy feel to the material. Because acrylic paint is a plastic based paint it is great to use as a decorative adhesive, just be patient waiting for the blobs of paint to start drying! Scrunching the tulle up also adds texture and intensifies the colour of it in places.


To tie in the use of the paint I also added it quite roughly to the bottom corner of the paper strip and to the top right corner of the page.


Using the lovely blue colour on the reverse of the frames paper I created a distressed mat for my photo and then had a play with the fun new pom poms. Using the white pom poms as snowballs I tied a loop in the cord that I hooked over the top corner of my photo, securing with some silicon glue and tucking a little of the cord behind. I trimmed off the excess cord to use later.


In the bottom right hand corner of the page I created a small embellishment for my journaling using one of the card stock stickers and scraps of paper to tie the page together as well as adding in some ribbon and lace that I used under the main photo and the little bit of excess cord I trimmed from my pom poms.


Using more scraps from the frames and polka paper I punched out some snowflakes and brushed them with some stickles for extra wintery sparkle ....


.... adding them in clusters around my layout, making a main feature under the corner of the photo by using 2 of the fabulous Glitz Designs giant rhinestones in the prettiest green colour alongside them.


Finally adding my jounalling to record the memory, my wintery page was complete. Glitz products come in such pretty colours and all co-ordinate beautifully and I really enjoyed working with the colours in the Hoopla line, by playing on the turquoise and aqua colours a seemingly bright and spring coloured collection can look quite wintery and I hope you have fun recording some Glitzy winter memories this year!
As ever thanks for stopping by, and if the temperature is starting to plummet with you stay wrapped up, safe and warm, see you soon with a Glitzy festive offering and until then Happy Crafting
Love
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment