Thursday 2 December 2010

Putting on the Glitz

Hi all, today I’d like to share with you some ‘Glitz and glamour’ I have been lucky enough to be on the fabulous Glitz Design team for over a year now and every time I get my Glitz box out to play I find myself in the happiest of moods, not only is the product so edible to look at but the quality is second to none. Looking back over the last year of my time with Glitz I came across this project which was one of the first things I made with my first official Glitz DT box of goodies and as this time of year is all about looking back and being thankful I thought it would be fun to share it with you today.


Putting on the Glitz
It is a super simple handbag mini book that looks glamorous on my shelf as a piece of home decor and contains special memories of a birthday cruise I went on with my husband, the photos I will share in this post will explain the story as we go! Before we start, here is my shopping list;

Glitz Designs Plum Crazy papers; floral, stripe, polka, circles, chair and diamonds
Glitz Designs Plum Crazy cardstock stickers; titles and journaling
Glitz Designs Plum Crazy alpha cardstock stickers
Glitz Designs Olivia Glitzers
Glitz Designs flourish rub ons
Glitz Designs distressing round clear stamp


The front and back of the mini book are cut into a simple handbag shape and the 2 sides are linked with a concertina of paper with mounted photos stuck into each crease so when the bag is opened all the photos kind of fan out, it’s quite impressive in its simplicity!


I kept each page a 6’’x4’’ photo mounted onto some of the fabulous double sided paper. I cut it with a thin decorative edge showing behind the photo to add interest, and was able to journal on the reverse.


As I wanted the photo to be the main focus of each page I added some simple embellishments of lace and ribbon and a small piece of flourish rub on as well as a cream flower that I sprayed with an intense, very sparkly cosmic shimmer mist to each photo.


I kept the same simple embellishment of each photo throughout the book to create continuity


I used the fabulous round distress stamp on the reverse of each photo page to create a background pattern.


I then added cardstock stickers and hand cut and distressed journaling strips throughout to tell my story.


Although the end of the story may not be quite as glamorous as it set out LOL I love my little bag of Glitz and glamour as it reminds me of such a happy time and as it says in the sticker it makes me stop and remember sometimes how really Happy I am to be me!

I hope you feel inspired to create your own little piece of Glitzy glamour, a simple idea like this would make a great Christmas gift wouldn’t it! Thanks for stopping by and sharing a little reminisce with me. I’ll see you soon, until then Happy Crafting
Love
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment