Thursday 24 February 2011

With love from Glitz

Hi all
Today I'd like to bring you a bit of love from Glitz Designs as February is the month of love :) I was a very lucky girl this past valentines day and my wonderful hubby spoilt me rotten. We'd not long been back from our holiday to Mexico before valentines day and a couple of days later hubby was off on his travels again for 3 weeks so he decided to take control of the day and all I can say is the boy done good :) The lovely Glitz lines are perfect for all you love layouts and for this project love nest was perfect .... just like my valentines day ..


This is the list of Glitzy goodies I used
Glitz Designs Love nest papers; Sky, Damask and Floral
Glitz Designs Love nest rub ons
Glitz Designs Love nest What not
Glitz Designs Teeny alphas; Baby pink block and brown block.


I distressed the edges of the brown wrapping paper 12 x 12 and mounted my 3 photos on to some of the damask paper, distressing and creasing the edges for extra dimension as well as building them up in layers on foam pads.


I cut out some of the flowers and leaves from the floral paper to create embellishments, distressing and curling them into shape.


The large rose is one of the lovely what nots, to give it some movement I snipped into the leaves so I could lift them over the edges of the photos.


And the final touches were the journalling block from the what nots a couple of the pretty rub ons and my favourite, some teeny alphas. I'm glad I have a record of a wonderful day.

Now, I love my Husband and my family and of course my friends but the other two great loves of my life are these guys


My lovely furry best friends. Whatever happens in life, they always love me, they're great listeners, they make me laugh and are perfect for cuddling :) I love the colours in the Scarlett collection too and they were perfect for my layout, here's what I used;
Glitz Designs Scarlett papers; Polka, Bouquet and map.
Glitz Designs Scarlett Glitzers
Glitz Designs Scarlett Paper layers
Glitz Designs Love nest Cardstock stickers, titles
Glitz Designs Paisley flourish rub ons
Glitz Designs Vintage extras rub ons
Glitz Designs Teeny alphas black round


I distressed the base 12 x 12 paper and then really went to town distressing the map paper, ripping out the centre and rolling the paper back to create a frame.


I layered up papers and stickers


Added rubons to tie the layers together


And adhered the heart with foam pads to add some dimension to the layout, decorating it with the teeny alphas and the glitzers .... well a bit of bling is never out of place :)

I hope you've enjoyed my little Glitz love in and thanks for stopping by
Love
Mx

1 comment: