Thursday 24 March 2011

Glitzy scraps and a message to me!

Hi all
It's my turn to share my Glitzy corner of the crafting world with you for this month and I thought I would look at using up some of those scraps that we all keep!
I love that you can mix and match the paper collections in the Glitz Designs lines, the colours and patterns work really well together and both my layouts this month show that so without further ado let me share my creations;


This is a layout showing a sequence of photos my husband took of the grandchildren while he was having a conversation with them via skype ... the wonders of modern technology heh!
The ingredients;
Glitz Designs Hoopla papers - pipework, frames, floral
Glitz Designs Scarlett paper - wallpaper
Glitz Designs Love nest paper - stripes
Glitz Designs Scarlett paper layers
Glitz Designs Scarett glitzers
Glitz Designs Clear distressing stamps - distressing round


I created a mat and layer for my main photo and worked out it's position on the page (the pencil marks you can see are the position of the bits on my layout that I laid out before committing to the design!) I then distressed the edges of the 12 x 12 and inked it. Using the distress rounds stamps I then added some circular shaped features to the background with some peeled paint distress ink.


I then ripped the edges of some of my scraps....


.....and assembled them with the photo and mat in position


I cut mats for my small photos and creased and curled the edges upwards to add dimension adhering them to the layout at various levels using foam pads for dimension


Taking a paper layer I cut the phone and speech bubble from it and mounted them on cardstock to create embellishments


And added them to my layout on foam pads for dimension along with some ribbon for texture and my journalling.

I love this layout as the photos not only tell a story of a conversation but catch Sophie and Dylan being absolutely natural!

Moving on ... recently I have been giving myself a good talking to. I think it is all too easy sometimes to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and forget to touch base with ourselves so this layout is all about me and the secret message I have written to myself on the hidden journaling block.


The sentiments of the Glitz Designs stickers fit this layout perfectly, and so to the ingredients;
Glitz Designs Love nest paper - polka
Glitz Designs Hoopla papers - zebra and polka
Glitz Designs Scarlett paper - polka
Glitz Designs Love nest rub ons
Glitz Designs Love nest glitzers
Glitz Designs Love nest cardstock stickers - titles
Glitz Designs Love nest what nots
Glitz Designs tulle
Glitz Designs frostings in pink and clear


I distressed the edges of the 12 x 12 liberally


Then cut out 3 portrait photos of me and mounted them on to some Glitz paper ...


.... cutting them out with a loose border and mounting them onto some distressed rectangles of Scarlet polka paper. I also added some hessian across the page, yet more polka paper and some pink tulle.


After adhering the photos onto the page with foam pads for dimension I added some secret journalling to a what not ....


... creating a secret pouch for it on the back with foam tape and paper, leaving the sentiment at the top poking out.


Cutting the roses from the polka paper I created an embellishment to sit under the remember tab.


Adding cardstock stickers said everything I needed to say on the layout and I had a bit of fun with a birdie rub on, a glitzer crown and some frosting.

This is a very personal layout, and I love the fact I have been able to hide the message I have written to myself on the the what not.

So what will you do with your glitz scraps? what message do you wnat to write to yourself? Whatever it is you want to create I know you will find just the right Glitzy product to help you along the way.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you're well and happy.
Until soon Happy Crafting
Love
M x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, They are gorgeous, both LO's. Lovely to see you here and well, you aren't old enough to have those lovely grand children, phooey:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such pretty layouts, Michelle! I just love the detail that you always put into every project, and love how you actually show people how you accomplish it!

    ReplyDelete