Thursday 12 May 2011

Glitzy ladies

Hi all
This month on the Glitz blog we are celebrating the special ladies in our lives. I am lucky enough to have many special ladies in my life, past, present and future but no one is more special to me than my mum, everything that I am is because of this lady and although I may not always have been the perfect daughter we have a great relationship and I'm thankful she's my mum!


I love this candid photo of us at my wedding and the colours of the Glitz papers are perfect for showing off a very happy moment. Here's what I used;
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace papers; stripe, plaid, polka and floral
Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse papers; cart postal and polka
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace clear stamps
Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse clear stamps
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace Journaling Cardstock stickers
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace paper layers
Glitz Designs Love Games Glitzers
Glitz Designs Love Games Whatnots
Glitz Designs Love Games Titles Cardstock stickers
Glitz Designs Teeny Alphas; Olive green and Aqua block
Gitz Designs lear frosting

I've always loved the fact that you can mix and match across all the Glitz Designs collections and love that they use colours that really sing together.


The stamps are fab and here I have stamped directly over my small photo


And look at the detail in the fairy whisper stamp which looks great stamped onto some of the Laced with Grace paper


The teeny alphas are just perfect in all their different colours and styles


And even the 'plain' papers in the collections are full of tones and interest.

For my other layout I decided to celebrate a lady that is special to me in my creative life, someone who is a source of inspiration to me. I have just re organised my studio and I wanted to create some wall art so I made this layout as a tribute to Frida Kahlo


The papers in the new collections have always made me think of Mexico with the hands that appear regularly in Fridas art, the butterflies and the colours of orange, green, turquoise and yellow so I thought it would be fun to mix them up for this layout. I have used;
Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse papers; Floral, Carte Postal and Block
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace papers; Floral and Butterflies
Glitz Designs Love Games paper; Polka
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace paper layers
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace Whatnots
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace Glitzers
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace Peek-a-boo
Glitz Designs Love Games Peek-a-boo
Glitz Designs Love Games title cardstock stickers
Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse peek-a-boo
Glitz Designs Giant Rhinestones


I created a frame from the floral paper and ripped out the centre, ripping back into the frame and rolling the paper back to reveal the bright yellow on the double sided paper.


The peek-a-boos create great layers and all the colours in the paper lines mix so well. The butterflies cut out from the laced with grace paper make great embellishments.


Dimension and layers are built up with more peek-a-boos, paper layers and stickers. I love the bright happy colours in this layout and it will make a great addition to my studio wall to inspire me when creating.

Thanks for letting me share my creations with you, what special ladies will you celebrate with your Glitzy stash? Don't forget to play along with the Get your Glitz on challenge either .... there's goodies to be had!

I hope you're well and happy and until soon Happy Crafting!
Love
MJM x

PS Fancy a Crafty Retreat? Check out my post below NOW!!!!

1 comment:

  1. These are so fun and colorful and cheery! Love the bright colors and fun layering you've done!!

    ReplyDelete