Monday 30 May 2011

{happy birthday} froggity blog hop

Hi all
Well that's another month gone and time for another Banana Frog blog hop, can you believe we're nearly half way through the year!! Anyway this months blog hop is a special one .... it's the little green guys birthday and what's a birthday without some cake?


And better still this one is calorie free :) and doubles up as a great gift box! I have used a veritable feast of Frog stamps for this project Charming prince, Tropical garden, Build a daisy, Simple greetings, That takes the cake and It's all about elegance (psssst all these stamps are on sale, go on treat yourself ;))


1st up I cut a strip of white card for the lid and stamped along the bottom edge with the lace trim from It's all about elegance and trimmed to the pattern. Then added the greeting from simple greetings along some ribbon with permanent ink sticking it along the strip above the stamped lace trim.


Next thing was, what else but, the cute little frog from Charming prince, again stamped with permanent ink so I could colour them in with my pro markers.


I cut a wider strip of white card for the base of the box and added a purple trim to the bottom of it and along the top of the top strip of card using a stapler to pleat it as I went to give a look of piped icing.


I then added some bling to the crowns with glitter glue.


Cutting a circle with dragons teeth for the top and bottom of the box I added pretty sprinkles to the top from the stamp in that takes the cake and inked the edges.


Using the totally tropical stamp set I stamped some leaves and flowers mixing the ink on the stamps to create shaded colouring. I used one of the petals from build a daisy to create the candle and one of the leaves stamped in yellow for the flame.


To make the candle stand up on the cake I cut it with some tabs on the bottom of the petal that were stuck to the underside of the top when it was in position.


The flowers and leaves were added with silicon glue and curled before sticking in place to add dimension.


And that's it a unique froggy birthday gift box :)

Thanks for hopping by today, your next stop on the hop is the fabulous Francine (I love her style) and don't forget to comment as you go there may be birthday prizes!! Enjoy the rest of the hop and I'll see you soon. Until then Happy Crafting
Love
M x

18 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love this calorie free cake!! I love all the detail and it does look good enough to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fresh and as you say calorie free. EE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake, especially the lacy trim and purple ibbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute babe, too cute!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! that's a brilliant cake. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just great - very witty! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic idea, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flippen 'eck, that's gorgeous and explained so well, thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved my trip around your blog!
    (lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that frog is too cute! Love the creative cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous creation Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Calorie free - and cute too! Very creative indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic cake - love those frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful gift. Anyone would be pleased with this on their special day.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!
    LOVE this project!
    especially the sprinkles on top of the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lush! Reminds me I have yet to try pleating ribbon...

    ReplyDelete