Sunday 12 October 2014

Craftscape inspiration part one

Hi All

I am loving seeing all the work pop up in cyber space that you have all been creating with the new Craftscape kits from Daisy Trail to use with Craft Artist Professional, and from what I have seen it looks like you are really loving using them! They are fab aren't they and oh so clever! I had such a good time with the One Day wonder shows on Create & Craft when we launched them!

I thought I would share some of the samples I made and have split the pics into a couple of posts so they are not too big LOL I am also putting together a couple of project tutorials with the kits, although they are so easy to use you don't need to be told how to use them! But thought I'd share ideas on aperture cards and maybe one of the stepper cards I made .... bare with me they will be ready soon ;)

The first few images use the Autumn Country kit, such a lovely warm autumnal colour palette

 
I put the cut out studio to good use with these kits as I think the scenes lend themselves to having people put into them to create a story

 
They also really lend themselves to creating scenes for home decor

 
and of course they are great for card making! Also when you look at your kits don't always think you have to build a huge scene some of the individual elements put together make lovely simple images
 
 
and if your card making the kits are more than perfect to make your own stylish inserts with any of your digikits! (Don't forget your insert sentiment either when making inserts, there are lots pre installed and you can add your own .... I will cover this soon in a little project tutorial ;))
 
These next images are from the English Town kit, so many little details to play with from hanging baskets to pigeons, birds on a wire and a castle on a hill.

 
this is the front of a card but could be home décor too!

 
Another play in the cut out studio allowed me to add my sis to this one (she will kill me!) The photo isn't great as it is quite old from the Queens Silver Jubilee actually when she dressed as a Pearly Queen but photo quality doesn't bother me too much, its the story that matters and the smile it gives me when I remember the day!

This design I transferred to the front of a canvas shopping bag using t-shirt transfer material just remember if you have a go to flip the image before you print so the writing is the right way round :D

Another card, I found I really liked some of my designs without a background, the images are so vibrant they look really good against a plain white background I think.

 
One of my favourites was this mock poster I made, I want to go to that party! I created the scene for the background and then used the transparency tool on it (which looks like a wine glass on your top tool bar) to blend it into the background then built on top of that with more embellies and the text.
 
Next we're moving on to the Twilight Forest kit, I love it! When I start playing with it I am transported into a magical fairy realm and it's a lovely place to be!

Another card again using a few elements from the kit to create a tableau and using a white background so it pops off the page. I love the way the candles seem to light whatever is behind them, Oh and don't forget the glitter once these magical projects are printed off, they really are license to go to town with the bling :D
 
 
And once again don't forget to create your own designer inserts and something for the back of the card for that professional finish!

 
More fun in the cut out studio this time with my niece playing dress up, perfect for this kit!

 
This as a finished sample is an aperture card, I have just given you the flat front image for now and as I said I will be posting a project tutorial to show you how to make this into an aperture card, a simple but very effective project. I also think it works as this flat image too!

 
and finally a clock face I made ... I want to go into that house don't you?
 
 
So that's some of my ideas from 3 of the craft scape kits. I will continue to look out for all your fab projects in cyber space and hope I've maybe given you some more ideas to have a go at. Thanks for popping by and I'll post some of my pics from the other 3 Craftscape kits soon.
 
I hope you're well and happy and as ever
Happy Crafting
Love
MJM x



4 comments:

  1. The kits are so versatile you have done great things with them. Hope you and the boys are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely lady, we're all good thanks hun must do a ninja catch up ;) loves to you and yours M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inspiring, thank you Michelle x

    ReplyDelete